Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day Peeps


Headed into another tryptophan-induced coma later today with the in-laws....and can not wait.

Was unable to join the lads on the latest podcast ( link here), as I was attempting my first game of volleyball since high school, and was unable to make it. The plan was for a calm/relaxing, get-back-in-the-swing-of-things rhythm, followed by a even more lazy game of basketball. Well, on the very first spike attempt, which just so happened to be the first time that lil wicked volleyball was put in play, this basement dwelling blogger had a chance at testing his leaping abilities...The perfect pass, perfect set....perfect spike ( for a point) and then blam!!!!! SNAP......



soundboard.com

Down Goes Frazier, Down Goes Frazier, Down Goes Frazier

So the old left knee went out and I heard a pop as I fell to the ground...I writhed in pain, praying it was not a broken leg bone, puncturing my skin. Once I felt the leg and found out that it was indeed intact, I immediately felt like I tore my a.c.l. ( all the while praying it was just some damaged cartilage/meniscus). Unfortunately, in 1992 I endured an a.c.l. injury on my right knee so I was not excited for this incident to repeat itself.....
Nevertheless, due to the local doctor's office being in Thanksgiving mode, I am unable to meet up with the knee doc until Monday after this very long 4 day weekend. While my knee continues to stiffen, I suddenly realize I am out for an extended amount of time including volleyball/basketball season and most importantly the Turkey Day Bowl Game! I am devastated..... Have been working on my swim move coming out of the new 4-2-5 defense the squad has been working on in recent days. Time for the next over 30 yr old to "Cowboy Up" and rush the quarterback like Lawrence Taylor did when I was a kid.

Now, back to the important part of the weekend....Nevada vs BSU on the Blue, in mid 30 degrees weather. Should be dry....for all of my East Coast friends who like to have action on the game....Tuna, that one is for you! The spread is around 13-14 points....I find that to be a high amount. The last two games have been exciting, especially the 4 overtime squeaker in 2007. BSU LB Tim Brady save the day with a sack in the 4 OT against Colin Kaepernick, who was a true freshman that year. Very exciting game and probably after the 1998 BSU Idaho Game, and maybe the 1994 BSU Marshall Game, that was the most exciting BSU home game that I have been too....It was very cold that night in late 2007, and I am expecting mid 30's temps for this game as well.
As for some tailgating ideas....
1)there is an OBNUG tailgate party going on,
2)the players are continuing/starting a new tradition of the players walk ( Bronco Stampeded/Bronco Walk) - where the players finish up their pregame meal from the Student Union Building down to the road to the Stadium/locker room. This player walk will start at 4:55pm....and I believe the band might be there, so bring the kiddies!
Link from Statesman...wish this was advertised a lil bit more
QUICK HITS

About 200 tickets remain in the south end zone for the Nevada game. É The color scheme is alternating sections of blue and orange - odd sections, the south end zone and the student section wear orange, while even sections and the north end zone wear blue. É The Broncos will walk from the Student Union Building through the crowd to the stadium at 4:55 p.m. on game day.


3)My peeps over near the lil White Church will be going off as well as the peeps just north of the scoreboard in the old grass practice field. If you see a gimpy intoxicated man, do not automatically think of me....

As for the game itself,the trendy pick with the national media is to go with the resurgent Wolfpack but until someone beats the champ, they are still the champ!



I think this game will be closer than anticipated and too close for my viewing comfort. I see the score falling Boise State's way 52-49, and quite possibly in 3 OT's......I agree with most fans, that it might be tough to completely rein in the three headed rushing dragon known as Kaepernick, Lippincott ( Wolfpack's answer to yesteryear's Vandal Joel Thomas), and Vai. That being said, the Wolfpack offense is reliant on the running game primarily/successfully. Unfortunately when Kellen Moore hits a wide receiver/ tight end target twice in the first quarter, and forces Kaepernick to throw the ball, that plays right into the hands of D-Cord Wilcox's hands...At least I can dream this!!!!

Stay warm, stay healthy ( properly stretch those muscles out if you engage in some pigskin tomfoolery later today) and remind yourself that if you are reading this blog post, we have it pretty lucky in this country. Also avoid the made up holiday known as Black Friday!

Email your pictures statueleft@hotmail.com , feel free to leave a comment on your scoreboard prediction.....

Also, word to the wise....when you are in your mid thirties and you are thinking about getting back on the hardwood for volleyball or basketball, slow down and stick to podcasting....it will do a body good!

No comments: